October 7, 2013

gratitude day#18 - It's working

Hi friends! I don't know if you've been keeping up with a daily gratitude list of your own, but I'm here to tell you, it works. I have never been so consistently happy/content than I have for the past few weeks. I had one blah-ish day, but it was just pms hormones (my wonderful period tracker app confirmed). (Sorry, is that too much sharing?) I just want you to know, that by looking for the standout moments from your day, you gain such perspective. The little things that used to bug you go unnoticed, and the small, amazing moments, that may have gone overlooked in your hurried, busy life, now get accounted for.
Here are three things I'm grateful for today:

  • Having a delicious dinner and amazing conversation with two dear friends
  • An impromptu play date with one of my favourite mommas
  • the gift of time - working part time has a financial cost obviously, but I never, ever, regret my decision - my days feel so full and fun just watching my daughter explore her world. 

No comments: