October 11, 2011

hibernating



On these dark drizzly nights, I crave homemade soup, delicious baking and a cozy fire. A glass of red vino would be the perfect end to the day, but hot tea has become a temporary substitute. I've got a nice Tetley buzz going on right now. Tonight I whipped up these pumpkin pie tarts ( I just substituted tart shells instead of pie crust). Pumpkin seems to be one of those things people either love or hate. Are you a pumpkin person? I can't get enough of the stuff - pumpkin scones, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie - yes, yes and more please. I had three Thanksgiving feasts within 24 hours. Sunday night with my family, Monday afternoon at work and Monday night with Craig's family. Let's just say I'm giving my maternity jeans' waistband the ultimate test. It was no shocker that today's weigh in with the doctor was one of my quicker gains. I'm pretty sure if you look into my eyes you will see cranberry sauce.
Have you seen this ad? Hilarious.

No comments: