October 26, 2011

Boo!

Here are a few festive homes in our area. I'm always amazed that some people really do go all out for Halloween. In the bottom photo, the family has set up a Christmas tree in their living room decked out in Halloween lights. Do you like Halloween? Have you ever walked through a haunted house? Check out these photos of people being scared out of their wits: Niagara Falls Fear Factory photos. I'm so curious as to what happens there because it is only approx. 15 minutes to walk through and yet over 100,000 people have chickened out part way, too frightened to continue. We walked through a creepy tomb with live actors once at Universal Studios in California and needless to say, I'm pretty happy that photos weren't snapped back then and plastered on Facebook.  I swear all of the colour drained out of me (which isn't easy because I'm about as pale as they come), and there's a very good chance my hair was standing completely on end. Actors literally jump out at you down dark passageways or sneak up and tap your back. I remember jumping into my hubby's arms and screaming like a crazed little girl when an actor, dressed as a mummy, grabbed my shoulder. It is possible that I screamed so loudly, I frightened the actor. Do you like watching scary movies on Halloween? If I can cling to someone, I can watch them, but solo? Forget about it. Movies that completely scared me were The Ring  and Paranormal Activity where it's more about what you don't see than what you do.

No comments: