October 18, 2011

a beautiful addition to the world




Today I had the amazing honour of meeting one of my dearest friend's new baby girl. They are still working on her name and once they finalize it, I will update this posting. She was born yesterday and weighs 7 lbs, 7 ounces. She has two beautiful moms and will definitely be surrounded by a lot of love. I teared up as soon as I saw her for the first time. I have shared this pregnancy journey closely with my friend and now that her little one is here, I'm just so overwhelmingly happy for them all. It really blows my mind to think this perfectly formed baby was all cozy in her mom's belly, just a few short days ago. The human body is truly remarkable. I am so excited for them that they finally get to meet her, to carry her, to hold her little wrinkly hands and to look into her eyes. I think our baby is going to be so lucky to have this sweet little girl as a friend.

No comments: