October 23, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Patch Caper

This weekend we headed to the Country Pumpkin Patch in Richmond to get our pumpkin fix on. It was a lot of fun seeing the animals, taking wagon rides to the pumpkin patch (each wagon is equipped with knee slappin singers), mucking our way through the corn maze and combing the fields for the best carve-worthy pumpkins we could get our cotton pickin' hands on. Word to the wise: remember to pack your rubber boots and a change of shoes for afterwords. I actually saw a woman attempting to climb through the mud in a pair of ballet flats (I guess common sense really is a gift).  If we hadn't fuelled up for a delicious brunch at Brown's Social House first, I would have been ALL OVER the pumpkin patch's mini donut stand. It was so much fun spending the afternoon watching our friend's little bambino react to everything. I can't wait to show our little baby days like these. I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: