October 16, 2011

the best part about birthdays


This birthday marks my last nail scratching effort to desperately cling to my 30s. I definitely think as I get older, my favourite part about birthdays is just seeing all my loved ones during the week surrounding my birthday. Okay, okay, I also love cake. Last night we had a fun visit with our sweet friends who threw a lovely cozy birthday shindig for eight. I was so happy to have everyone together around the table. They really are the funniest crew. This year was really cute, it definitely was the first time I've ever been on a cake, (usually I'm just jumping out of them (just kidding, I'm not a stripper, although I would love to have the body of one right about now). Do you like to celebrate your birthday? Or are you happier to hibernate and let is pass quietly?
Last year I made a list of 38 things I wanted to accomplish while I was 38. Even though it wasn't completed, I was pretty happy with how many items were checked off. Of course I was truly happiest that the first item, my dream of all dreams, was finally crossed off: Here's my 38 things.
I think today I will work on a new list for 39 - because as you know, a lot can change in a year. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: