August 28, 2011

Sunday



Sorry this weekend's posts are so short on words, it was truly a whirlwind weekend. Saturday morning we set off at 9:45 to visit friends in North Vancouver for a scrumptious brunch (homemade cinnamon buns and fruit salad, yum!), took the dogs to Ambleside park, where we struggled to get our dog out of the water once she was in. The shore was lined with people throwing sticks in the water for their dogs. Seriously, the sticks never stopped flying. Our dog loves to swim out to fetch sticks, but doesn't actually return them. Because she's older, I started to get worried that she'd tire herself out quickly. She just swam back and forth fetching sticks, not a care in the world that we were losing our sh*$ calling her repeatedly from the shore. At one point I felt like shouting to all of the dog owners, "Can everyone please, for the love of god, stop throwing sticks for 5 minutes!!" My hubs eventually had to walk in the water in his sneakers to retrieve her. I am pretty sure he wasn't thrilled with my, "hey, let's let her off her leash for a bit" comment 45 minutes earlier. We drove home and after a half hour at home,  dashed off for a bbq with friends that didn't see us getting home until 11. I wish I had brought my camera because it was such a gorgeous night. The patio was lit up with lanterns  - it was such a pretty setting. This morning I had yoga from 9-11, in which a girl asked if I was having twins. "Just big," I smiled. Sigh. After yoga, we drove out to Aldergrove for my nephew's birthday bash . It was pretty funny, his cake had a tyrannosaurus rex on it and every kid at the party, all 15 of them, wanted a piece of cake with the T-rex head on it. Note to parents, buy plainly iced cakes. One the way home we visited the in-laws. In spite of it being a whirlwind weekend, one thing is for sure, I definitely felt so lucky to see so many faces I just love. I read a very moving post on a woman's blog this week that I think will make you think about how precious time is. I know since reading it I try to live presently with those I love and make sure I'm soaking in our time together and giving them my full attention. In Jennie's Kitchen, a blog filled with delicious recipes, suddenly took a terribly sad turn when her husband unexpectedly died of a heart attack a few weeks ago leaving her suddenly alone to raise their young daughters. Her simple words of "Looking for you, I was" brings me to tears. read this watch this

No comments: