August 14, 2011

traditions

This afternoon, after yoga class, my hubby created a batch of his delicious crepes. It's a little tradition in our house on Sundays that I absolutely love. Today was another amazing sunny afternoon so we got to dine al fresco which made the brunch even more delicious. Tomorrow I am shooting photos for a friend's friend. I'm a titch nervous, ok extremely nervous, because photography has always just been a hobby of mine and coming up with compositions for a family of eight feels a bit daunting. (I will know that things are out of control if I stack them in a family pyramid, like the beginning to Eight is Enough).  I scoped out the site with my husband today to get some photo ideas. While we were at the park, everywhere we turned there were families having picnics. They were playing soccer, bocce, laughing around barbecues, some were dancing - the park was packed with families from every kind of background. I can't wait to start up family traditions like that when our little baby is born. I love seeing families having so much fun together and setting aside time to simply enjoy with one another. Growing up, I remember amazing picnics in Stanley Park, spending weekends at our cabin at Mt. Baker or camping in the great outdoors. These little family traditions offer so much nostalgia and comfort when I look back at my childhood. Do you try to incorporate traditions into your family? I hope you had a great weekend! 

No comments: