August 1, 2011

August Break 2011

Last year kicked off the first August Break. It was the first time I attempted taking photos daily for a month. And now, looking back at the collection, it was much stronger than this year's project365. I think it was easier to push my creativity when it resided in a much shorter time frame. The year long 365 is daunting and often an afterthought with the daily busyness of life. I'm excited to jump into this year's August Break. Here's a link to the details: August Break 2011. If you feel like trying daily photos for the month, join up! It's free and full of beautiful photography. I'm on a 12 day work stretch, so we broke it up by having a lovely Monday date night - patio dining and seeing Crazy Stupid Love. I wouldn't classify it as a comedy, it's definitely a drama with some funny moments, but it's a wonderful showcase for Steve Carell and Julianne Moore as actors. It won't be for everyone because the pacing is a little slower, but I really enjoyed the chemistry and the heart found in this little film.

No comments: