August 19, 2011

Happy Friday!


Happy weekend lovely people! I hope you have a beautiful fun filled weekend ahead of you. I just hit the 6 month mark of pregnancy and am feeling larger than life, you know, we're not talking venti-large, we're talking sumo large. Each phase of pregnancy has new "amazing" moments and new "no one warned me about this" kind of moments. It's an interesting balance. At this stage of development the baby is approximately 12 inches long and is well proportioned. I am loving all of the movement and kicking I feel at this point. At night my hubby will lean in, put his hands on my belly and talk to the baby. The baby reacts with some good swift kicks. It's pretty amazing. And to offset these little magical moments are night time charlie horses, projectile vomiting and a little bout of pregnancy hemorrhoids. All make for some sexy night time moments.  But they are all temporary phases that aren't experienced by everyone, just some examples of "surprises" I've come across. One of the best things about being pregnant is the community of women to lean on. I am so fortunate to work with so many young moms and expectant moms who have given me tips and shared in their experiences which help me get through those "what the $&#* is happening to my body" kind of moments. I wouldn't trade any of it in. It was a long and emotional road trying to get pregnant and I feel incredibly lucky to experience it all, the good and the bad, because there is nothing like it. The feeling that this little being is growing within you is beyond definition. I love the quiet moments when I am walking or sitting at work and can feel the baby change position or give a few kicks to remind me that we're in this together. Time to refill my sparkling ice water! :) Have a great night! 

No comments: