August 26, 2011

the 25 week mark - a private moment

I felt like writing a few things down about what life is like at this stage of pregnancy. I definitely do not feel attractive, I feel like an apple waddling around on a pair of toothpicks. But that being said, I feel like my body is beautiful. Not in the sense that construction workers are going to be whistling as I waddle by, not that kind of beautiful. I just feel such awe in the transformations of the body. I can't believe the roundness of my belly and am fascinated to watch it as the little baby kicks inside. You can actually see sudden jumps in the skin. This has definitely been my favourite part of the pregnancy so far. There is something so comforting about feeling them move around. I feel like it's these private moments that are so bonding. I have felt a bit overwhelmed lately thinking that someone carried me around for nine months and went through all the trials and tribulations of pregnancy. Someone loaned out their body to me when I was kicking inside and probably making them nauseous. I feel so thankful that this person very selflessly decided that I was better off in the hands of another family. For whatever personal reason, they couldn't raise me and instead of subjecting me to a life that they weren't prepared for, decided to let me end up in the arms of an amazing family who were excited and able to care for me. I will probably go my whole life never knowing them - I've tried to search, but have come up empty handed. After experiencing pregnancy first hand, with all of its ups and downs, I am more grateful than ever to such a selfless woman for giving me a healthy start in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great perspective girl. Xoxo