August 22, 2011

at the Templeton Diner

Tonight the hubs met me downtown for an early dinner at the funky Templeton Diner. I had a vegetarian BLT, organic greens and then split a chocolate shake with my love to wash that healthy line-up down. Seriously, a girl needs to live a little.  I was meeting up with a fellow after dinner to buy a camera lens via Craigslist and was nervous to meet up with a stranger with a wad of cash, so I brought the big guy. Let's face it, I wouldn't be able to run quickly after someone if they had nabbed the cash, I'd be in a full speed waddle. (Speedwalkers would laugh at my stride style. Yes, speedwalkers.) We met up and I pretended I knew what I was doing while I inspected the lens and took some test shots. A lot of eyebrow raising and umm hmmms as I looked it over. (It was a seriously awful performance on my part, but sometimes I like to pretend I know something about cameras.) I asked him what he shoots with and nodded politely at his response. (For all I know he could have randomly slapped together some numbers and letters - I had no idea what he was talking about. I'm really not a techy gal.) I'm so excited to have my first official camera lens. (In the past I've always shot with the standard lens that comes with the camera). I wanted a decent lens for taking portraits for when our have our little bambino home. I feel for this baby already. I just know they are going to think their momma's face is a camera lens.   


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelly. Awesome.

Michaelyn said...

This post made me smile - I have often pretended that I know what I am talking about when people get techy with me. As well - I love the Templeton Diner. Great shakes and cool cartoons!

kelly said...

Thanks Michaelyn, i'm so touched that you stopped by on this little blog!