August 13, 2011

a postcard from Vancouver

Hi sweet readers. I definitely fell behind with blog posts this week. It's been one of those weeks where time has for photos and writing has been displaced by more important matters. My grandma and father were both in the hospital this week (both home and doing well now). There were also days tossed in where I'd come home from work, have dinner and fall asleep for 1-2 hours before bed due to nausea. So, photo-taking definitely took a backseat this week. Thank you for your patience! The photo above was taken from the seawall facing downtown Vancouver. I love this city but in the summer? Fuggedaboutit.  It is simply beyond spectacular. We had a free afternoon so we had lunch on the patio of Cardero's, overlooking the marina, walked around the seawall and enjoyed a delicious ice cream (ie. pregnancy staple) on our stroll back. At the end of the month I have two weeks off and am looking forward to spending it just exploring the lower mainland. I hate to use the word "stay-cation" because it is such a cheeseball term, but I find it hard to travel away from this beautiful city when it is lit up with sunshine.  Have you ever spent your vacation just being a tourist in your own town? I can't wait. Too often my time spent in Vancouver is simply for work and not enough just enjoying all of it's offerings. I'll be sure to post a lot of photos so you can see all of the lovely offerings this city has. xo

No comments: