May 26, 2011

starting to bloom


Even though I have not spent a moment working on the garden yet this Spring, I love how resilient these plants are, pushing their way through the soil. Thank you sweet survivors! The Iris (second photo) came out of nowhere. For five years we've lived here and it suddenly appeared. I love its unique beauty. I promise to tend to the garden this weekend and give it some much needed love. Are you a gardener? So many friends have amazing gardens that blow me away. I love it when I make the time for it, there is something extremely rewarding about digging in the soil and looking out and seeing what you've put together. I really look up to people with beautiful gardens because I know all of the work and planning that went into it. It is its own art form. 

No comments: