May 10, 2011

recommended

Here's some books I've read in the last few months that I highly recommend.  (In case the photo is a little fuzzy: Secret Daughter, The Hunger Games, Water for Elephants, Unbearable Lightness, The Book of Negroes, Bossypants). I've lucked out lately with all of these great reads.
When I went to Chapters, I picked up The Hunger Games from their bestseller section. I literally couldn't put it down. It was so suspenseful and had such an unusual subject matter (children from a village have to enter their name in a draw and those chosen have to compete in a jungle setting, on live TV, to the death until there's only one left standing - spooky, page turning stuff). I loved it so much that I bought a copy for my Dad too. The funny thing is that when I went to get the sequel, the sales clerk told me I'll find it in the teen fiction section. I'm sorry, what? Suddenly I didn't feel nearly as high brow, more unibrow.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations of books you couldn't put down lately. Thanks!

No comments: