May 9, 2011

back to the land of the functioning

Hello friends, I hope you've had a great week. I won't fill you in on the details of the week I've had, but if you're picturing the spewing scene in the Exorcism, except with more of a middle aged, pasty white heroine, you are correct.
Today I definitely felt like I was returning to the land of the functioning (ie I remained upright at work.)

So a few fun facts about today:

  • The Canucks just successfully made it past round two in the Stanley Cup Playoffs - a first since 1994. In your face Carrie Underwood! I can't wait to hear her next sappy country ballad, "Get outta town Kesler, but please take me with you."
  • Someone stole our garbage can today. Was it Oscar the grouch? Some kids planning a revival of Stomp? Who knows, but all we know is that it's gone. Random.
  • Today I got mail for my sister in law at our house. Years before we bought this place, and years before I knew my sister in law Shannon, she rented this house with her sister. Today we received mail for her. oooOOOOooo. 
  • My folks are packing up, getting ready to move and my mom asked me if I wanted anything. I picked her vintage art deco tea cup (pictured above) and a cookie jar that used to be my grandma's. She dropped them both off. If ever I am asked that question again in the future, I will always say "your 57 Chevy." 
  •  I just got Tina Fey's book Bossypants yesterday and I am already almost done. It's THAT good.  Excerpt: "What nineteen year old Virginia boy doesn't want a wide-hipped sarcastic Greek girl with short hair that's permed on top? What's that you say? None of them want that? You are correct.""My haircut was cropped close on the sides, fuller on top with two long Lisa Minnelli-esque wasps that hung down....Nerd no more. This cut let me look like a mother of four and somehow also a virgin." Just read it. It's wickedly funny.
  • Watch the documentary Young @ Heart. It is completely entertaining and wholly inspiring. For a preview click here. Seriously awesome. 

No comments: