March 13, 2014

comfort food.....

I was so happy to come home to find this delicious dinner waiting for me: homemade mini turkey meatloaf, roasted butternut squash and peas. We really show our love through the food we make for one another;  healthy, thoughtful choices.
Today, I knew my mom's closest friends were getting together to have a lunch in her honour, but what I didn't know is that all eight women were bringing her an abundance of homemade food. My mom called me in tears, overwhelmed by their generosity. In fact, there was too much food to fit in my mom's two refrigerators and giant deep freezer. I had tears rolling down my cheeks, so grateful that my mom is getting such amazing support everywhere she turns. I can't express to you the depth of the love I have for her circle of friends - they are truly inspiring. If you know someone who is ill, is elderly, is a new mom, honestly - food is the best gift you can give them. It takes a giant item off their to-do list, and gives them the burst of energy they desperately need. xoxo

No comments: