August 30, 2013

Have a delicious weekend!!

Happy Friday friends!! How are you going to wrap up the Summer holidays? I know Summer isn't officially ending just yet, but it always feels like a shift, once school is back in. This time of year always makes me crave sweater shopping and loading up on school supplies, even though I am WELL past school age.
I was watching a show earlier this week (Masterchef) - and on it, the three celebrity chef judges were discussing their all time favourite dishes they have ever eaten. What would be your favourite dish you've ever tried? I can't help but include company, ambiance, service, setting, when I think of my all time favourite meals. I had the best seafood of my life (almond crusted halibut with a citrus drizzle) in an old refurbished train station on the coast of Oregon while travelling with my hubby. It was an amazing setting on the river and the place was packed to the rafters with people who loved just chatting from table to table. It had such a festive atmosphere that I think it helped elevate the food to really memorable heights.
Bar none my favourite spot in the city is still Vij's. Not only is the food outstanding, and the service is top notch, but the restaurant is something we save for a special treat, to be shared with good friends, which has really helped make each meal a standout.
I love Chris Rock's saying that "everything is about the company you're with. A gourmet meal with an asshole is a horrible meal. A hot dog with an interesting person is an incredible meal."
I fully agree.
Have a wonderful long weekend and indulge in some amazing food with people who elevate you!
xoxo

No comments: