August 26, 2013

starting over

I've always been a bit of a minimalist and today I took it to new heights. I decided to donate the majority of my clothing. I only kept five dresses, five sweaters, four skirts, six blouses, my workout gear and a few of my favourite pairs of jeans. It felt amazingly freeing to de-clutter. I definitely kept a few things for sentimental reasons like the slippers I wore when I gave birth to my little girl, or the sweater my hubby gave me on my birthday, but most things were really easy to give away. There's something about turning 40, that made me want to start fresh and rebuild - to take the time to find pieces that really represent me. Do you think it'd be easy for you to start over or do you have a lot of sentimental attachment to your clothes?



No comments: