April 19, 2013

a must see for all women



Not surprisingly, this video made me cry. Why are we so hard on ourselves? Why can't we see ourselves the way others do? I've got beautiful friends. I mean these women are gorgeous and if you asked me to describe their traits, I'd have a lengthy list of accolades. But when I see myself, I see: big forehead, big nose, frizzy hair, thick waist: I never, ever have felt well put together.
The other day I found some old photos, when I was in my twenties. I remember at that point of my life feeling big, even though I was always a size medium, I felt really big compared to how I wanted to look. Now I look back, and think, I looked so thin. Why on earth did I waste so much time worrying?
Look at yourself right now, at this point in your life - you'll never be younger than you are right now.
You want to lose weight? Sure, you and everyone else, but you have to be happy with how you look at this very moment.
I picked this photo below as one of my favourite self portraits, simply because I feel like it embodies who I am: not made up (no make up/hair products), happy & shy at the same time.
I like the fact my eyes are green, my hair is thick and my shoulders have freckles, but I still see the big nose and pointy chin. The older I get, the more I realize I have to embrace it all and grow into my face.
Look in the mirror tonight and find five things you love about yourself. xo


No comments: