September 6, 2011

Whistler fun


This past weekend, my parents rounded up the family for some Whistler fun. My hubby and I booked an amazing deal via: Jaunt. For $240:  we got two nights at the Aava hotel, a $50 gift certificate to the White Spot, and two adult peak to peak passes. We paid for a third night to coordinate the visit with my family. As luck would have it, the hotel was packed for the weekend and they offered the hubs and I a free upgrade to a suite for all three nights. Sweet! The day we spent doing the peak to peak was truly incredible. We took a gondola from Whistler village up the mountain, had a drink at the Roundhouse Lodge, with stunning 360 degree views from their giant patio, rode an open chair to the peak where we hiked around up top, took the peak to peak gondola over to Blackcomb and rode two open chairs (the solar coaster express and the wizard express) back down to the base. The entire experience was such a great part of our hotel package. I was in absolute bliss spending that much time on the mountains and in the fresh air.  If you planned ahead, you could pack up lunches and do some amazing hiking up top. It truly was a great experience sharing so much fun time with my parents and my brother's family. I can't recommend Whistler enough. 

No comments: