September 23, 2011

29 weeks

A lot has developed during this week's edition of "The very young and extremely restless". I had an ultrasound and found out the baby is lying transversed with their legs stretched out and crossed (as demonstrated in the photo above). I couldn't stop giggling when I saw the image because the tech said she's never seen such a relaxed little baby. It doesn't surprise me that our child is chilled right out given that we're both quite laid back people. However, if the baby doesn't turn to the vertically-aligned, head down position during the next six weeks or so, I will have to have a c section. Even the most talented of women can't deliver a sideways-turned baby. I have found some great yoga positions that help try to naturally turn the baby, so here's hoping that he/she doesn't get too attached to their reclined lifestyle or maybe I'll have to buy a child sized lazyboy chair for their room. I also found out this week that I'm Anemic (from lack of iron), which didn't surprise me too much since I don't eat any red meat. And last night I discovered that spicy foods trigger projectile vomiting: the baby simply has no appreciation for my love of curry. What a wussy! Each week this baby teaches me a lot about our co-habitation. Sorry for all the baby updates, but I have found this whole experience quite fascinating. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I just found your blog from Susannah Conway's testimonial page. I wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy... and don't apologize for posting about it! It's wonderful to share and connect with other mamas... :) I just gave birth to my second child 2 months ago, and I blogged about my pregnancy too... You look healthy... Much love to you...

kelly said...

Thank you so much Lauren! That was so nice of you to pop by. Please feel free to send me a link to your blog - would love to read about your pregnancy!