September 16, 2011

28 Weeks

Today I hit the 28 week mark. It's so hard to believe it's been 7 months already. At the 28 week mark, babies are approx. 2.3 pounds and measure 15 inches from head to toe. At this stage they are already blinking their eyes and can see any bright lights shining through your belly. Isn't that wild? There's a tonne of kicking going on and a lot of movement. The baby also reacts to what I eat now. The other day I had Indian food and the baby kicked from 4 - 6 am continuously.  It was fun (at first). But I think I will hold off on the spicy foods for now because I need sleep. At this stage of the game, my biggest craving is lemon. (Lemon slices in ice water, lemon iced tea, lemon bars, lemon juice on salad - you get the idea). My waddle is getting a little quicker, I'm getting more used to these wide strides. Speed waddling might be my new exercise form. I've been blown away at the kindness of strangers (people always offer me up their seat on the bus or Canada line) and they always ask how I am doing/feeling - so sweet. It really is an amazing feeling of gratitude I have for these people. The trickiest part at this stage of the game is sleep (you can only lie on your sides and when I lie on my right side the baby gets pissed off because that is the side of my body they prefer to lie on, and they don't like being squished so they boot me until I turn back onto my left side). Yes, the baby is already getting their way. I'm screwed. I hope you have a fantastic weekend! We are off for a long overdue catch up with some friends tonight. Have a drink for me would you?

No comments: