June 19, 2012

summertime and the livin' is easy

Tomorrow is the first day of summer. Do you have anything fun planned? Do you like to travel this time of year or stay closer to home and take advantage of the good weather here? Just please don't call it a "staycation", that expression makes me vomit a little in my mouth every single time I hear it uttered.
Personally, I love to explore B.C. during the summer and save our international travelling for when the weather takes a nosedive here (Nov. through Apr. par example ). What are you most excited about this summer?
Here's some fun local things to do in the great outdoors:
Farmer's Markets - fresh, local, supportive
Baseball games at Nat Bailey  - friends, hot dogs (veggie or mystery), beer, sunshine, yes please
Wine tasting! Sorry, I realize putting an exclamation mark after it detracts from its inherent class, but I get quite excited about our BC wineries
Camping - you love it or hate it. I think it usually depends if you grew up camping or not. Outdoor cooking, campfires, hiking, all washed down with s'mores? Oh diggity.
Hiking -bliss(ters)
outdoor movies
outdoor concerts  & festivals
water sports (paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing)
weekend getaways - the best time of year to explore our beautiful province
patio dining & picnics - so, food basically
riding bikes around Stanley Park
downhill biking at Whistler - love!
These are just some of my favourite summer activities. For a lot of people it is also the beloved golf season. I don't pretend to know anything about golfing - the first time I tried it, I got my very first shot onto the green and thought, well this sport is clearly too easy for me and then I think I spent the rest of the day saying "Mulligan!" So I appreciate those who play the game.
Whatever you love, fill up your calendar and savour this season!

No comments: