June 8, 2012

I'll drink to that!

Happy Friday friends! I hope you have a fun weekend lined up for yourselves. Here are a few things I've tried lately that I highly recommend: 
Infused water. Throw some frozen mixed berries in a jug of water or try slices of lemons/limes or oranges, strain and pour. Get creative. It will get you drinking more water and keeps it interesting. I also tried this refreshing recipe: mint and ginger lemonade. If you want to get the party started, the mint/ginger lemonade would be delicious mixed with gin over ice. Just sayin'.  
Easy appy: chopped figs, olives, crackers, goat cheese (I topped it with a few spoons of pesto) - it literally takes about 5 minutes to throw it all together. I guess I've got food on the brain because tonight I'm meeting up with yayas: a group of past and present co-workers(friends) where we eat delicious food that some of our in-group gourmet cooks whip up. We used to have our dinners on weeknights, but I think the sampling of vino has pushed our get togethers to Fridays. After all, no one wants to work with a pumpkin on their shoulders. Food and friendship, my favourite pairing. Bon appetit! 

No comments: