March 21, 2012

renewal

Spring has arrived. I am PUMPED. After what feels like five months of hibernation (with the waistline to prove it), it's nice to feel change finally upon us. I love taking stock and setting new goals in the Spring. Is there anything you are excited about this season? We have limited space in our home so I use this time to go through my winter clothes, donate what didn't get worn and store the rest away in plastic tubs. I love re-organizing my closet, setting it up with spring/summer clothes and seeing what still works, which given this post baby body, will be no small feat! I also love to re-arrange the furniture in my home at this time, to give the space a new feeling. Sometimes a simple fresh coat of paint, a new picture or some new cushions can jazz up a room. (Cue eye roll. I think whenever I come home with new cushions my hubs gives me the same "what exactly is the purpose of those" look). This Spring, I am also going to extend my spring cleaning to this blog. I started this site two years ago, and as time changes, so do I. I want to update the look of it and freshen up the style (ie - find some!). The changes will be subtle, as I am technically challenged, just ask any member of our IT department at work if you need confirmation. Here are a few things I'm excited about (aside from the return of actual sunshine):
-Weekend getaways
-outdoor concerts
-Camping
-Yoga classes with my baby
-Trying this photo a day challenge for April
-seeing this movie
-learning a new sport: Paddle Boarding

What's in your sights for Spring?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good luck with the spring organizing! I think I'll do the same. I've been doing a photo a day thing since Jan and I highly recommend it especially if you have a new baby!

kelly said...

Thanks Vanessa! Good luck with shooting your 365. Will you be posting your photos?