January 4, 2012

our quiet little life....

Do you know that expression, the days are long but the years are short? I think it must have been a parent who came up with that one. The weeks are sailing by, but the days unfold slowwwllly on this little girl's schedule. I love her wakeful time, when she's just been fed. She kicks up a storm, is really content and just looks around with her big eyes (which make my heart just melt). Between feeds and diaper changes every few hours, I've learned to let go of how little we get done in a day right now. If we get out for a walk around the hood, watch a movie, or if a friend pops in for a visit, then it has been an amazing day. Isn't it funny how much we take our free time for granted? Maybe it's because I had free time for 30+ years, or should I say 30+++ years :), the adjustment is tangible. I wouldn't trade my new role in for anything, but I just wanted to be honest to parents-to-be, you will definitely notice a strange new passage of time - it is palpable like never before. It's truly living in the moment. 
I hope you're having a great day! xo 

No comments: