January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!!

I know, I know. I seriously have to reel in the shameless barrage of Stella photos. I just have this new favourite photo subject, and we don't leave the house much yet. I'm pretty sure that she thinks my camera lens is part of my face. It's hard to believe it's 2012 already. Did you make any resolutions? Do you find yourself making the same resolutions each year? I'm keeping my list of 39 things handy this year, so that I don't forget my goals, both big and small. I always find that making more dates with friends and family is my biggest resolution - for me it's the most important use of my time. I hope you are able to stick to the goals you set out for yourself. The reason why I stress how important it is to keep your dreams and goals at the forefront is from a conversation I had once years ago. I was volunteering in New Orleans, rebuilding homes after Hurricane Katrina had struck, and was roommates with an actress in her 50s. I remember asking her if she had any children or a partner and she said no. She said she always wanted a family, but somehow she just got so busy with her work that it all just kind of slipped away. She warned me to never let that happen. It really hit a chord with me. You can easily fill your days with lists of things to do. There is always work to do, chores to do, errands to do, it's easy to be "busy." Add to that all of life's distractions, TV, Facebook, internet surfing, time-sucking blogs ;). Keep your goals and dreams at the forefront and set aside time for them so that you can have the satisfaction of making your life really reflect you. xoxo 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More Stella.

Mariella said...

what a beautiful little girl! Many congrats again Kelly, she's precious!

Anonymous said...

excellent photos! i love her red fuzzy hair :D
great post all around - thank you!