January 17, 2012

one month old

She's only been in our family for one month and yet I feel like I've known her all my life. I can't imagine my life without her. I can't describe the depth of love I have for our daughter. When she looks into my eyes, I well up. I never thought I'd be so lucky as to have my own baby. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, all I wanted was to have a healthy pregnancy and make sure I did everything in my power to have her arrive safe and sound. Now that she is here, more than anything, I want to stay healthy and live a long life so that I can see her grow up. I want to show her the world, to fill her days with happiness and to build memories together as a family. I want to instill in her that she is worthy, that she is treasured, that she has two people who will ALWAYS have her back. I want to slow down the clocks and savour every day that I get to share with her. xoxo 

3 comments:

cg said...

Hey Kelly, I was waiting for more pics on FB, so glad to have found your blog.
Beautiful baby- I think I see a bit of Craig in that little face?
I really like what you wrote about being a parent.The great part is that the feelings increase event more with time. Max and Yulia just cam back from Indonesia after 3 weeks and I felt like bursting into tears and or laughter when I saw my little man.
Enjoy!
cg

kelly said...

Thanks so much Chris, I can't imagine being apart for 3 weeks, you must have missed them like crazy!

Lauren said...

this is cute... :)