December 7, 2015

light my way....

One of my all time favourite things about Christmas is the lights. I remember growing up, riding in the back seat of the family car on long drives back from my nana's house around Christmas time, feeling a sense of magic in the air looking at all the lights. It has never gone away. Here's a few photos from the weekend to light you up.

This is our first Christmas in our new neighbourhood - it is so much fun to walk around because a lot of the homes go a bit crazy:
We got our tree this weekend. I was testing out the lights and caught this quick moment. Last year I knew it would be my last Christmas with my mom, and this year, I know it's the last one I'll share with this beautiful girl. I just love this shot of her - she'll always be my pup.
 This year, for the first time, we caught the Santa Clause parade in Cloverdale. It was pretty to see all the decorated trucks roll by. When I asked my daughter if she'd like to go again next year, she said, "No, I'm good." 
 Our power went out last night, which instantly transforms our living space into a romantic, made for TV movie kind of setting.
 My daughter held the San Pellegrino bottle in place while I tilted the champagne glass and snapped this pic in front of our mantle's Christmas lights. She was so excited to see how our collaboration turned out and immediately wanted her own glass of glowing bubbles. 
I hope you have had a wonderful first week of December! xoxo

No comments: