December 26, 2015

Christmas in images.....


Merry Christmas friends!! I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful time! I remember growing up, I always hated the day after Christmas because it was the furthest possible date from the next Christmas. But I have to tell you, as an adult, I LOVE the day after Christmas. It is past noon already and there is a very strong possibility that I am still in my pajamas. Yesterday was the most challenging cooking day I've ever had - it felt like a kitchen marathon in terms of endurance, coupled with short wind sprints from counter to counter.  Here are a few images from our Christmas. Love, peace and joy to you! xoxo 

 Cuddling up Christmas Eve to watch Elf.
Christmas morning gift giving. 
 Playing with our new gifts. 
Getting party headquarters set up.
 Our tree reflects my obsession with all things woodland. 

 Practicing for many real campouts in 2016.
 Starting the appie station set up. 
These three definitely brought the Christmas spirit. 
 The feast - featuring slow cooked ham, yams, mashed potatoes, crispy broccoli, stuffing, brussel sprouts, mashed turnips & carrots, orange soaked cranberries and turkey. 
It was definitely a cozy fit once we set up the second table, but it was our first Christmas without mom, so it felt particularly important to all be under one roof this year. I sure missed her, but felt like she was with me every step of the way and that she would have been proud of all of us for pulling this off. 
Cheers to you friends!
Now, back to my delicious coffee.
xoxo

No comments: