January 4, 2015

4/365

Buy this book: A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett. A giant shout out to my amazing friend Forbes for gifting me this riveting story. It's the true account of Canadian Amanda Lindhout's backpacking travels that take her through such places as Bangladesh, India, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and eventually to Somalia, where she is kidnapped and held captive for 15 months. It is incredibly well written, suspenseful and showcases an inner strength like no other. So, since the bookstores are closed tonight, just add it to your to-do list tomorrow....you can thank me later. Well, I guess you can thank Amanda since all I really did was flip the pages, curled up under a cozy blanket, sipping delicious coffee, while she had to traverse the world and endure it all, then brilliantly re-tell it.

No comments: