May 27, 2014

weekend round up.....

After work, I met up with my hubby & gal at the Ladner May Days. It was awesome. She was tall enough to go on some rides and there was face painting, a petting zoo, a free gymnastics zone, food trucks galore & carnival games. Watching her face light up on her very first ride made my day.
Craig got to hold a Hedgehog - it was cuter than the ones at Purdy's that I'm used to. ;)
I worked this weekend, but I didn't mind since it was drizzly out.(Dramatic pause for your shock - Vancouver - rainy?!?)
On Monday morning we literally ran into good friends.
Child labour is alive and well at our home.
The yard is always the safest place for toddlers to paint. Always.
When you have a little one, you have to come up with a lot, and I mean a lot of games. For this one, I fill up a bucket of water and we put in household items one at a time, and guess beforehand if it'll float or sink. Luckily I leapt over to her before my iphone became a "sink" item.
Whenever I can, I like to put a little sunshine into my mom's days, so today I gathered up some of her nearest and dearest friends for an impromptu brunch. I made these easy & tasty recipes: raisin scones & cranberry/orange scones and chia seed pudding  that I layered with fruit salad. 
I love these moments. xo
I hope you had an amazing weekend! A lot of these photos are snapped with my iphone, so the image quality isn't the best, but I highly recommend grabbing your phone and capturing shots throughout your weekend to remind yourself, how lucky you are to have so many amazing little nuggets of time. It's honestly one of the best ways to feel gratitude, which is one of life's biggest keys to happiness.

No comments: