May 19, 2012

decked out for summer


Happy Weekend! In Canada we're celebrating the Victoria Day long weekend. Whoot whoot!
Have you got any fun plans lined up? We've got back-to-back barbecues with friends (tis the season!).
This afternoon I have a hair appointment. The word appointment is an understatement. I am pretty sure by the state of my overgrown hair it'll be more like a woman arming herself with a machete and hacking her way through it. I just hope she can rescue the precious exotic birds that have taken to nesting in my hair. Do you ever get that hopeful feeling the morning of a haircut? I always look at the stylist with a naive anticipation that they'll find just the right angle of cut and just the right mix of colour that somehow I will walk out looking like Natalie Portman. But alas, I have to remind myself that she is a stylist, not an illusionist. If you have longer hair, here are some great hair tutorials to try out. What trends are you digging this summer? What about adding some zip with this colour for your nails? Or splashing this colour on your lips? And I'm not sure if I've been influenced from my baby girl's variety of onesies lately, but I am on the hunt for a jumpsuit and a romper this summer. A lot of people don't like the all-in-one outfits. Bathroom visit challenging? Perhaps. Would you wear one? I would love to find something like this entire look. Do you enjoy the experience of shopping? I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan. I think it's being born into the indecisive sign of Libra: I find the big stores overwhelming for decision making and in boutique sized stores I feel a bit stalked by the salesclerks. They lurk outside the changeroom, "How's it going in there?" "Fine." I lie. Then, like one minute later, they are back, "Still going well?" Do they think we are superheros? I mean seriously, how fast do they think we are at changing outfits? Also, this post baby body is continuously morphing so shopping is on a hiatus for awhile. My goal is to rock something like this for a friend's wedding this summer. That being said, I'm off for a much needed run. Have a great weekend friends! xo

No comments: