May 27, 2012

day by day

On May 18th, we lost our dear friend Zad. Whenever things are quiet, my thoughts always turn to him. When I'm driving, when I'm running, when I'm singing Stella to sleep, I think of our friend. I've never known such a polarity of emotions as I have been experiencing during this last week. On one hand, I've got this sweet daughter who stares up at me and makes my heart soar with elation like never before, but then I have these moments of deep despair over the shocking, senseless death of a genuine sweetheart. It's the finality of it all that scares the absolute shit out of me. He was 7 feet from making it to shore. Two more swimming strokes. He was laughing as he swam and then just suddenly slipped away. He deserved to make it. He was one of the good ones who really loved his life. Seven more feet wasn't too much to ask for. I am trying to learn everything I can from this. Savour your time. Be present. Spend your precious moments doing what you love with those you love. Don't complain. Don't judge. Don't stress out. Don't put your expectations on others. Don't put off your dreams for some random time down the road. We owe it to Zad to live big. We are still here. 

2 comments:

MrsZad said...

Wow

MrsZad said...

So much to say and yet I can't find words. It's still all too big right now.

<3