July 30, 2011

what makes your heart sing?

Everyone has at least one thing that makes them truly feel like they are reaching the depths of who they are. I'm not talking about a romantic partner, I'm talking about a hobby that embodies your essence. For myself, that hobby has always been dancing. There's something about moving to amazing music that makes every fibre of my being feel alive. I love that so many people carry different passions that define them. In our circle of friends, passions range from horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking, running, hockey, painting, cooking, motorcycles.....just that little extra that adds to the unique definition of who they are. I'm definitely not saying that people aren't well rounded and don't thrive on a number of interests, but there's usually that one that stands above all else that truly makes our hearts sing.
As soon as I deliver this baby, I can't wait to sign up for dance classes again. I remember what it feels like, lining up backstage, hearing the murmur of the crowd, the lights suddenly go out, the music starts and all you can hear are the quiet shuffles of dancers' feet taking their places on stage  - it is a truly electric feeling. When the curtain lifts, you can only see the spotlights. You lose yourself in the music and hope that the audience can feel the passion you are expressing. Here's a few moments that capture why I love dance so much, I hope you enjoy them!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn I couldn't open those links!! Looks good girl, I'd recognize those feet anywhere ;) xoxo