July 7, 2011

sometimes it's the little things that mean the most

My love gave me this eraser. I am always touched by the little thoughtful gestures he does. He honestly never fails to give my days so much life. Love is the word of the day. I'm definitely feeling sentimental today. My mom and dad finally locked up their old house for the last time today. I will truly miss their beautiful park-like garden. It's where I was married, where my brother was married, and where our family dog was buried. A few tears were shed today. There are a lot of memories in that space. But life is like that - sometimes we have to make changes to fit where we're at in this stage of our lives, and part of that means closing old doors and opening new ones. A lot of our loved ones are going through huge changes at this stage of life - some starting amazing new adventures, some having to adjust to life's upheavals, but what seems to be the thread to all of our stories, always comes back to love.

The romantic in me can't wait to see these films this summer:
crazy stupid love -ryan gosling and steve carrell, cannot wait
one day - I read this amazing book in Hawaii and it looks perfectly interpreted on film

No comments: