June 5, 2011

digging in the dirt

Hi friends, I actually had a lot of photos today from around the garden, but alas the upload for blogger is taking about 20 minutes for each photo, and I'm too wiped out to wait. Today was all about connecting to the earth.  I had my first prenatal yoga class in the morning on an organic farm - it was amazing. It was great being in a room full of other women in various stages of pregnancy, sharing our experiences so far. We learned some wonderful poses that not only help during pregnancy, but they are also great go-to poses during childbirth.  
I love how the moves incorporated our babies, a lot of the moves involved holding our hands to our bellies while we held various poses - I really felt like I was bonding with my baby. The rest of the day I worked in the garden - planting new perennials and pulling out weeds. It's pretty funny, I thought I had all of these pretty little flowers growing in my garden, until my friends told me they were actually weeds taking over. 
I love the two toned leaves of the Hosta in the photo above. I could have titled this Hosta la vista baby, but let's face it, that would be cheesy and I am not an Arnold fan by any stretch. 
I hope you had a wonderful time outdoors in the sun! Goodnight sweet friends. 


No comments: