June 8, 2011

attack crows!


These are by no means technically great photos, but it is representative of the crazy evening we had. There was an injured crow in the back yard, and my hubby didn't want our dog or cat to get at it so he moved it to safety. But while rescuing the crow, he was repeatedly dive bombed by the crow's very protective posse of crows, I think the technical term is a "murder of crows", but this was definitely a bad ass posse. In the top photo you can see a crow swooping in from the right. Our dog thought it was all so exciting and was running around the yard afterwards trying to get them to dive bomb her. I think my hubby was hoping I'd play a more active role than sideline photographer. I have to say, it was impressive how the crows would assist in the feeding of their injured mate and were extremely protective. As soon as the crows saw that their mate was moved to safety, they gave my hubs some street cred and backed off. It was definitely more entertaining than tonight's Canucks game.

No comments: