April 19, 2011

eggs benny knock offs

When you're travelling with a group of women, you get to sample a lot of great food. I loved the simplicity of this recipe: 
Put turkey or ham slices in a muffin tin to form a nest. Crack an egg in the middle. Add a sprinkling of your favourite cheese and thyme. Bake in the oven at 350 for approx 15-18 minutes - check, as you can see I burnt the edges of mine. Then, once the eggs are cooked, remove from the oven and top it off with a few spoons of delicious Hollandaise or Bearnaise sauce. (I just used the Knorr packet of Bearnaise sauce). Serve over English muffins. Add some fruit salad on the side and voila, a delicious breakfast! This recipe lends itself well to cooking for a large group.

1 comment:

lenny said...

Yum!! I always love the food shots.....I wonder why....