April 29, 2011

a beautiful day

I came home today to find my cat in absolute bliss in the sunniest spot in the house. Finally we got to feel the warmth of some sun today. It just just seemed to wash the day over with a happier palette. Did you watch the royal wedding? It's funny, I didn't have any interest in the wedding and wondered if I was missing some key female gene because everyone has been talking about it. I know people who were getting up early, or staying up all night to catch the big momentous occasion. There were theme breakfasts, theme parties, women dusting off their favourite show-stopping hats all in the name of monarchy love. And then while watching the news, I caught the images: The dress, the kiss on the balcony, the sea of amazing hats and I have to admit, I was blown away by the sheer beauty of the occasion. I even got misty eyed when I saw Kate climb out of the car in that jaw dropping gown. I thought she looked like a true modern princess. I guess I do have a bit of that "royal wedding" gene after all. Well I'll be damned.  I really do believe they are a real couple in love and that is what people are responding to so whole heartedly. I love the fact that they invited their local bartender and favourite candy store owners to the wedding. I popped by to see my mom and she was wearing a little veiled hat and had tea and biscuits laid out for us. It was such a sweet display. Here are a few of my favourite royal wedding photos: Don't you just love the little girl's expression in the last photo?

No comments: