August 30, 2015

inspired....



Hello friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The weather here took an interesting turn - wind storms, a heavy dousing of much needed rain and a plethora of power outages (ours was out for 24 hours). It kind of feels like the door just slammed shut on Summer. Ba-bye! Even though I have been out of school forever awhile....the arrival of September still stirs up a fundamental shift in me - where I want to stock up on stationary(fact), sign up for classes, and expand my learning. This weekend with power outages stretching across the province, our plans shifted, and we stayed closer to home. The outage was actually a blessing in disguise - we went out for a cozy dinner, and my hubby and I stayed up, drinking wine by candlelight and talking for hours, which made me realize, that we need to cut the power more often.
I have had a tremendous summer - full of mini adventures and wonderful time spent with friends & family - plus, the never ending sunshine that demanded we savour the outdoors as much as possible. But there is something thoughtful about the fall isn't there? It makes you feel inspired to cozy up and read more, to catch up fireside with friends, to wrap yourself in your favourite sweater and kick up leaves in your best worn boots. I'm looking forward to dedicating more time to this blog again. I've been picking up my camera more regularly, and feel a surge of creative inspiration. I've been passionately setting up our new home, trying more DIY projects, exploring new recipes and writing again. I'm so excited to be back in this space, sharing new discoveries with you. Do you feel like there's a shift happening, both externally and internally, as the seasons start to change?
I'll keep this brief because it's getting quite late, but I just wanted to pop in to say hi. I've got a list of things I look forward to writing about, so I shall be seeing you soon! Sweet dreams loves! xoxo



No comments: