December 1, 2013

Happy December!!

Hello friends! Welcome to December! Are you ready for it? I was just filling in our calendar and started to have heart palpitations: seven birthdays, four christmas parties, dinners, brunches, not to mention The Main Event itself, which is an entity of its own. Have you ever been to Disneyland? December is kind of like you're riding Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but for a month straight - a neverending road of near misses and exploding barrels. It's no wonder that when January comes, and everything comes to a screeching halt, we all kind of collapse into ourselves, into a shaking mess, like we're going through crack withdrawal.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I love all the visiting, all the merriment, (god I love the merriment), the festivus, the inexplicable giddiness that falls upon me every Dec. 24th evening.....but I just stare at this calendar and wonder, am I organized enough to pull all of this off? The decorating, the baking, the donating & gift giving, (and if you are one of those people who has finished all of your christmas shopping, like a month ago, you best not tell me such a piece of news, or I just may have to really lean into the slap I give you before I give you my warmest regards.)
So bon chance to us all as we board the biPolar Express, navigating us through this month ahead.
What are you most looking forward to?
Honestly, for me it's all of the get togethers with friends/family, evening walks to look at all the lights, the Stanley Park train, Van Dusen gardens, the switch to red wine, the Christmas shows, the smell of the Christmas tree, the traditions (& starting new ones as a family).
Put on your seatbelts, the ride is about to begin!


No comments: