June 2, 2013

I hope you're having a beautiful weekend....


Hi friends! What are you up to this weekend? We're housesitting and had friends over last night for appies and drinks. We were all in agreement that we're really lucky to have such a funny circle of friends. I don't know about you, but for me, a good sense of humour is key to knowing if I'm really going to click with someone. If they can make me really laugh, they've got my respect. What shows/movies do you find really funny?

Funniest TV show: Arrested Development.

Funniest Movies: Anchorman, Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, Bridesmaids, Election, the Hangover, Napoleon Dynamite, I Love you Man, 40 year old virgin, Knocked Up, Date Night, Annie Hall, Princess Bride

Funniest Stand Up Comedians: Louis CK, Ricky Gervais

Funniest Book: Tina Fey's Bossypants

Funniest thing I've ever witnessed: We were at a night club with friends having a drink when one of our friends mumbled something incoherent to us,  probably "I love this song" then stumbled his way onto the dance floor. He was well into his bevvies and did more of a slow bent over side to side shuffle than a real dance. From our seats, we had the perfect view of large TV screens that captured all the goings-on of the dance floor, which still might I add, was just comprised of him.
For us this was already must see TV, but then it got so much better. The dry ice machine fired up and smoke slowly slithered its way across the dance floor. In a poorly planned(?) dance spin, our friend managed to twirl himself into a pole and lose his glasses. Now we were watching him on our TV screen on all fours, crawling around the dry ice, pawing at the ground feverishly trying to find his glasses. I fondly refer to this story as gorilla in the mist.

Funniest question I've ever been asked: "Welcome to Tim Horton's may I take your order?" Yes, I'd like a toasted egg sandwich on whole wheat and a small milk.
"You'd like me to pour milk on your sandwich?" 
No, I'd like my milk on the side.

I hope your weekend if full of big laughs! xo

No comments: