February 7, 2013

gratitude

A great day from start to finish. My little sweetheart slept in until 7, which hasn't happened in a loooonnnng time and I started the day feeling what I've heard is called "rested."

The sun finally came out, after three months of dark, rainy weather, putting a huge spring in my step (well, as much spring as I can muster with a 20+ pound child strapped in my backpack).  I have concluded that it's time to invest in a light therapy lamp to help through the winter dreariness - you'll easily recognize me walking around town - I'll be the girl with the lamp permanently hanging around my neck, pointed up at my face.

I had a great dinner out with one of my friends tonight, which made me realize how important it is to schedule more dates with my friends - I automatically feel caught up and connected, way more than any calls or texts can accomplish. We had a good laugh because the waitress told us that some 'older' gents at the bar paid for our drinks. My friend asked if we should go over and thank them. I said, "They aren't at their table right now, but I think they are coming back because their glasses are still on the table." And she said, "their drinking glasses?" And I said, "no, their reading glasses." We couldn't stop laughing because it was true! Then she said, "are their canes leaning on the table too?"

I was home in time to have a cup of tea and a daily recap with my love (who is currently sawing logs at my side).
Goodnight friends xo

No comments: