November 1, 2012

travel bug

Images courtesy of: For the love of Megan,  Abercrombie & Kent & the New York Daily News.

Do you love to travel? When I look at photos like the ones above, I actually swoon. There is so much beauty in this world, it is staggering. I have started a travel fund for us, so that we can have a family adventure next year. I want to live like the locals and immerse ourselves in a culture somewhere. I haven't narrowed down the destination yet, because my wish list is a lengthy one.  I'll also have to bear in mind that we're travelling with a little sidekick, which makes it a whole different travel experience (one that usually comes to a screeching halt by 8pm). I love all aspects of travel: the planning and research stage, choosing cool places to stay, reading up on the local customs and culture, exploring and photographing new sites (ad nauseum), trying different food (mental note, must pack maternity pants with stretchy waistbands for food sampling), visiting bustling markets and chatting with the locals. What is topping your "must see" list lately? I think highest on my list right now is France, but Iceland, Croatia, and Italy are definitely close in the running. Eventually I want to take Stella on more adventurous travel destinations, like Nepal, India, Africa and Disneyland (hey, lining up anywhere with a child for an extended period of time is an adventure). So, with her future tuition fees and my travel plans, I better start rolling our coins and living on ramen. If you drool over amazing travel photography, here's a site by a gifted photographer I work with who has travelled the globe: http://photos.mcwilliams.ca/
Happy planning! 

No comments: