November 21, 2012

going to great lengths

What's your favourite length to wear your hair? Would you ever try a pixie cut? Would you ever have the confidence to walk into a salon and ask the hairdresser to do whatever they think would suit you best? Or, do you go in with a game plan, like this post. Do you find it hard to change your look? Fun fact: Hair is extremely important to women. I mean it REALLY is. I've had more hits to my blog about how to put your hair in a sock bun than almost anything else I've ever written. The only thing that beat it out was the post I wrote about the birth of my daughter. If only she had been born with a little bun in her hair, the sky would be the limit on my stats! We really are a nation obsessed with hair. Hair tutorials on you tube get millions of hits. Salons collect big bucks getting our hair to look "effortless.". Do any of you remember this move when Keri Russell, on the TV show Felicity, went from these long locks:
to these short locks?
This haircut was blamed for the show's decline in ratings, subsequent cancellation and is listed under TV guide's "25 Biggest TV blunders"! Seriously, one haircut. Can you imagine if you got a drastic haircut on the weekend, went to work Monday morning and the boss took one look at you and said, "there's the door! We don't want that haircut around these parts!"
Sorry, I just made myself giggle with my play on words, because people part their hair.
But when Michelle Williams went from:
to her new pixie cut:
Her career and status as a fashion icon skyrocketed. Perhaps Michelle Williams should thank Keri Russell for paving the way. What's the most daring thing you've ever done with your hair? 

No comments: