October 22, 2012

party people


How lucky am I? I got to celebrate turning 40 with this crew of amazing people. My friend Alicia, event planner extraordinaire, arranged to have a private room at one of my favourite Vancouver restaurants: Chambar. The space was perfect, the food was amazeballs and the service was outstanding. I'd highly recommend them. If there's one thing my friends know about me, it's that I shy away from being in the spotlight. The only reason I wanted to have a celebration of 40, is because I was dying to get my friends together for a fun night out. Having a little baby, I don't get out as much as I'd like to and I've missed these faces considerably. There's nothing that makes me happier than looking around a room and seeing my friends mixing and laughing together. We capped off the night at a Karaoke club where if you passed by, you may have thought the Beatles were inside - such delicious harmonies. Or maybe that was my red wine memory of things.  Nevertheless, it was the perfect way to kick off a new decade. 

No comments: