December 13, 2011

the waiting game

I honestly feel like a little kid who is trying their hardest to fall asleep on Christmas Eve, but is too ramped up with excitement about what is to come. I toss and turn all night - I really can't wait to meet this little baby, to finally see them and to hold him or her for the first time. I keep envisioning everything - hearing Craig announce if it's a boy or a girl, seeing him hold our baby for the first time and knowing this is finally our time- our baby that we get to keep. I can't wait to introduce the baby to our parents, siblings and friends. The waiting is tough. It shouldn't be. I should be basking in these quieter moments before this little one bursts on the scene. But, I have definitely come to realize I'm not good at simply relaxing. I'm not a feet up kind of gal. TV doesn't really interest me much (with the exception of Breaking Bad, which blows my mind). Reading during the day is tough, it feels like too much of a luxury, I'm constantly distracted, itching to go out and visit friends. I don't know if it's from working on a fast paced trade floor for so long or if it's just part of my make up - but even when we travel, I prefer to load up a jeep and hit the road to explore remote locations instead of simply lying on a beach. So having the doctor tell me to just take it easy has been anything but. Do you find it easy to relax? Are you good at just having a day in? 

3 comments:

d. said...

i really can remember the time waiting for my little one! i have to say it was hard, especially in these last days. i was sick of relaxing. i had the feeling that i knew the whole world wide web, all my books, my photos, my journals, my house, my kitchen, my tv shows. i only wanted to have this baby in my arms. i wanted sleepless nights, i wanted to move without this huge belly in front of me, i wanted to roll on the floor, i wanted to stretch, to make yoga, to run again and all these things. but there only is this waiting and we cannot do anything against it.
every mother told me: enjoy this special time, it is so special.
i couldn´t hear that anymore but now i am understanding what they wanted to tell me. but, oh my gosh, the last weeks can be so hard.
i am so happy with you that you soon will have your baby, you so long waited to receive. i am wishing you all the best! you will make it with all your woman power!
much love, d.

Lauren said...

I'm so excited for you!
I will light a candle and burn sage for you tonight,
and say a prayer for you and your baby...

hugs,
Lauren

kelly said...

Thank you so very much Dorothy and Lauren, you are so sweet and thoughtful! Xo