November 30, 2011

the home stretch

Each day now I wake up thinking, will this be the day? Our due date is Dec. 11, so it feels like it is rapidly approaching. I still vividly remember finding out I was pregnant, running down the street after Craig (who was walking to work) and leaping up into his arms waving the pregnancy test around like a crazy woman holding a winning lottery ticket. It seems like just yesterday and yet the journey of pregnancy itself is a long road. Last night the baby kept me up with another big bout of vomiting. I will not miss nights like those, but I will miss the phenomenon of pregnancy. I can't express how grateful I am of having the amazing fortune to experience this. It was something I never thought I'd get to do and I wouldn't trade it in for the world. All I wish is that every woman whose heart yearns to have a baby gets to experience it. I honestly still wake up in disbelief that our dream came true. It was years in the making, so please don't give up hope if you're also struck with fertility issues. You never know when your luck will change. I will miss having this little buddy with me wherever I go. I will miss that private feeling of having this little boy or girl moving and kicking inside of me. But now I am definitely ready to meet this little person who has shared my body for the past 38 1/2 weeks. Sorry for so many baby updates lately, but when the birth is looming this closely, it's really all I can think about. I'm just waiting for the baby to let me know when they're ready to meet us. I told Craig it's feels like someone's going to tap me on the shoulder in the night and say, "You know that marathon you haven't trained for? Well get up because you're about to run it. It might take you awhile to get to the finish line and it might hurt like hell along the way, but you'll make it."

3 comments:

Mariella said...

You look gorgeous Kelly!I wish you the best of luck for your birth, may it will be smooth and just the way you want it, but anyway, you will be amazed at how wonderful seeing your baby come to life will be.And although if doesn't feel possible, you'll miss your belly, at least sometimes :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi beautiful girl, your posts always make me smile. I love the new pictures, your bump is beautiful.
Can I have your address? you could PM on facebook. I have something for bubs that I would like to send you.
Only today I was thinking I am going to miss all these movements inside of me, they are truely such a magical thing. I feel sad that Bingo doesn't get to feel them all day long like I do.
I can't wait to hear of the news of your arrival.
One of the affirmations I have written for my labour is..."WHen you feel like giving up..remember why you started".....so true. All the best for your labour and I hope this new journey is rewarding and joyful. You are in my thoughts daily...
Lots of Aussie Love
Lu and Bump

kelly said...

Thanks so much Mariella and Lu! I very much appreciate your comments and the fact that you popped in on my blog. xo